Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dear Mr. Mash Potato

Dear Mr. Mash Potato,

Why are you so so good. And not so so good for my waist line. I just can't stop eating when you have been made with lots of butter. Please, if you could, cut out your calories and fat so I can enjoy even more of you.

Thank you from one of you greatest fans,
Alison

Okay, so we all know your basic mash potato ingredients: butter, milk, salt and pepper. Right, have you ever changed it up? After we had our twins one of my family member's mother brought us a compete meal. Not like a lasagna but a MEAL. Turkey breast and all the fixings. Hello you rock Mama C. Anyway, the mash potatoes, to die for. What did she do different? They were awesome. Sour cream and onion mash potatoes. It was like eating a whole bag of potato chips. I don't think it was we have made it any way since. Some butter, sour cream instead of milk, and onion powder. I mean come on how difficult can that be. Mash potatoes are so versatile. If only they could be like a green veggie and you don't feel so bad eating them ALL THE TIME! I would love to hear some of your favorite ways of making mash potatoes the best you ever had!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm a huge mashed potato fan.. We put sour cream in ours too.. I have also fried up bacon, crumble it, and mash it in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, bacon, butter, and mash potatoes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails