Friday, May 21, 2010

Parmesan Pork Chops With a Crunch

Well ladies and gents it was delish. If you like cheese this recipe is for you. My husband liked the recipe but not the choice of pork that I used. Too much dark meat for him. Didn't bother me one bit. We had sauteed summer squash to go with.



Serves 6  I made it for 2 but didn't change the any of the measurements.

1 1/4 hours / 15 minutes prep

1/4 C butter plus 2 tablespoons
3 C onions, thinly sliced
1/2 C sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
salt and pepper
6 pork loin chops
1 C chicken stock
3/4 C fresh bread crumbs I used regular bread crumbs
1/2 C mozzarella Cheese grated
1/2 C Parmesan cheese grated

Melt the butter, cook onions until soft. Stir in red pepper , thyme, salt and pepper and set aside. Melt remaining butter and brown the chops on both sides until nicely browned. In an oven dish spread half the onion mixture. Top with pork (overlap if necessary). Cover with the remaining onion mixture. Drizzle the chicken stock over casserole.  I used a cast iron pan for my stove top cooking and then put everything back into the same pan to save on dishes. Bake covered in 400 degree F oven for 40 minutes or until shops are tender, basting one or two times. Meanwhile mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan, mozzarella and 2 Tbsp butter. Sprinkle over casserole when the chops are done. Bake for 10 minutes to form a crisp topping then broil for a minutes or two to finish browning (if necessary). Serve.


Thank you Bergy from www.recipezaar.com

This meal was very easy to do even with the kids running around because most of the work was just baking and some stirring and flipping. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. I will be having it again. Maybe not on an 80 degree day. Was a little warm for a hot oven. What's for dinner tonight? Not sure yet but it will have to good to top this one.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails