Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ah-So Pork Ribs With Fried Rice

I had never had Ah-So sauce before I had met my husband. If you have never tried it I suggest you do. It's sweet and sticky and awesome on pork. We applied the sauce to the ribs before putting them on the grill. Yes, we have a gas grill! If you read some of my previous posts we did not have a gas grill for a bit and I was not a happy camper about it, but all is well now. Anyway, grill those babies up and apply more sauce as needed. You would think that the star of the show was the pork but that is where you are wrong. The fried rice is amazing! I could make a whole recipe and eat it all in one sitting. It is one of my husbands favorites and is welcome when I suggest making it. 
I found this recipe in a Rachael Ray cook book and I really do not drift far from the recipe. I normally do not put in peppers but I actually had a half of a orange pepper so I did this time.







Special Fried Rice

Makes 4 serving (or if you are me 1 serving)

2-3 cups cold, leftover rice or 
2 cups water
1 cup uncooked rice
3 tablespoons vegetable oil or wok oil
2 eggs, beaten
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 inches fresh gingerroot, minced or grated
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/4 - 1/3 cup Tamari, dark soy sauce


Bring water to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat, cover and coo over medium-low hear until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Spread rice on a cookie sheet to quick cool it. Heat wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add eggs and scramble, then move them off to the side of the pan and ass a little more oil to center. Add garlic and ginger, then carrots, pepper, and scallions for a quick-fry veggies, 2 minutes. Add rice and combine with veggies. Incorporate the scrambled eggs and continue to cook another 2 or 3 minutes. Add peas and soy sauce and stir-fry 1 minute more, then serve.

Courtesy of Rachael Ray, 30 minute meals 2


Enjoy!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Normally I don't read article on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do so! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, quite nice post.

    Feel free to visit my page: diet plan to lose weight

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails