Friday, July 9, 2010

Easy Mexican Stuffed Peppers

I wanted to make stuffed peppers because we had some fresh green peppers from the garden and I just couldn't wait to use something from the garden. My problem was I didn't want to make the same old stuffed peppers. I opened the pantry and there sat a jar of salsa. Yes Mexican stuffed peppers. Instead of rice I would use a can of black beans. Oh so yummy. If you have read some of my other posts you may have found out the I love mexican. The only thing I hated about the idea was that it was 90 degrees out and I was about to use the oven. Turn on the AC! I cut the tops off and seeded the peppers. I then cooked the peppers in the microwave for about 4 minutes to cut back on the oven time. I used the tops of the pepper to cut up in put in the mixture. My husband tasted them and asked me if I got the recipe off the internet. Nope. You made it by yourself just ideas in to action? Yup. Made me feel pretty good. I love it when I surprise him when I actually cook with out a recipe! So here is what I did.

Easy Mexican Stuffed Peppers

4 medium size peppers (any color) reserve tops diced
1 lb of ground beef
1- 15oz can of black beans
16-20oz of salsa 
2 cups of shredded cheese (I used pepper jack and chedder but you can use whatever kind)


In a large a skillet brown beef and cook diced peppers. In meantime cook pepper shells in microwave for about 4 minutes. When beef is brown and diced peppers soft turn off heat. Add black beans and salsa to meat. Blend. Add enough salsa till mixture is moist. Put pepper shells in a baking dish and fill with meat mixture. If any left over meat mixture I usually put it around the peppers. Sprinkle cheese over peppers and on top of extra meat mixture. Bake for about 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails