Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blueberry Raspberry Crumble

Ok so it has been awhile....again. I have blogs to write and no ambition to write them. So here is my first in some time. My father was picking blueberries and raspberries the other day out in some field in a new by town. Now when I say he was picking I mean he was picking. He picks and we freeze. Usually we have enough blueberries to eat, cook with, and freeze for the winter months. This time he also brought me some raspberries. So I thought we needed a little dessert. I used a basic recipe for a berry crumble that I found on line sugar in the berry mixture and then your oat, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter crumble.I thought it was good nice and warm. My only complaint is after the first day it was watery. Not sure if they is because of the berries or not. Would have fine if it was like a syrup texture but it wasn't. In the picture I used Chocolate Chip ice cream because that is what we had. But really is anything better then fruit and chocolate.

3 comments:

  1. mmmm, this sounds delicious! I've never had a crumble, thinking about giving it a try! I'll have to loose a few pounds first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison, It sounds as though you didn't use any cornstarch when mixing the blueberries with the sugar. Is that right? The cornstarch acts as a thickener and will take all that juice and turn it into a wonderful syrup. Fresh blueberries though; who can beat that. It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mom Chef. I will have to add that next time!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails