Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Build a Better Burger

I am always looking for new ways to make my hamburgers. I usually like to add a little more flavor then just salt and pepper. My husband would just prefer to have it that way. Sometimes I can't even get Montreal Steak Seasoning on the burger. And always cheese or no cheese topper. I usually want to try to make something different like a taco burger or topped with something different like avocado. The answer I receive usually ends with well make mine just salt and pepper. I should just cave a do so but I want him to try it too.  Try it you might like it. I always make it just plain salt and pepper, but I will admit when he isn't looking some times I top it with Steak Seasoning. ;-) sshh don't tell him.

This time around I was craving a steak sub but didn't have any steak thawed and wasn't driving 30 minutes to get sub and pay $25. Yes we live that far from a sub shop. At least a good sub shop. So the idea popped into my head, steak and cheese hamburgers. I sauteed up some onions and peppers and added some salt and pepper to the meat. Yes, I know I just said I didn't like just salt and pepper but we were adding a new topper. Burgers grilled up with some cheese on top and topped with a peppers and onions. A little mayo on the bun and it was great!  I served it with some chopped cucumbers and tomatoes tossed with Italian dressing. Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great burger! I'm hungry for a burger now!
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! You know, there is a whole contest called Build a Better Burger and a cookbook from the contest. I think it's in Napa. We have the cookbook and it's great for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've a wonderful family, Alison. And your children are so adorable. How old are they? Btw, you've a lovely blog and your burger looks great. Hope you're having a wonderful day.
    Cheers, kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Kristy, My boys are 2.5 and my daughter just turned 4. Thanks so much for visiting. Come back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And everyone was happy, weren't they! That's a wonderful recipe and a great idea. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi fellow NH blogger! the burger looks delish! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails