Friday, October 8, 2010

Blueberry Muffins with Love

As always we have quarts and quarts of blueberries. What gets picked in July and August will make it till the next harvest. The twins love the blueberries frozen as a snack. They let the berries sit in their mouths till they start to thaw and then chew them. The rest of us (me) like to make things with them. I have the recipe for blueberry raspberry crumble and now just your basic blueberry muffin. Yeah, whats so special about a blueberry muffin. Beside that the blueberries are the biggest you have even seen is that they were made with love. Mixed and poured with help from my four year old daughter. She is my little baker helper. You bake she wants to help. Of course she also wants to lick the beaters when your done and of course what young shouldn't lick the beaters.
So these muffins were made for the boys. Best intention of getting them some a little different to eat other then the same thing over and over and them being tired of it. Because of the boys recent diagnosis we are trying to get the most calories in them as we can.Which in turn is not the best for our ( my husband and I) calorie intake. So as it be the boys maybe had one or two each and my husband and I ate the rest of them.

I used your basic muffin mix, 2 eggs, I did add only 1 cup of blueberries (instead of 2 cups) because they were ginormous blueberries, 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Preheat oven to 350 beat butter, eggs, salt and sugar. Let child like beaters. Mix (by the 4 year old) the dry with the wet. Add vanilla and blueberries and blend (again by the 4 year old). 
Bake for 30 minutes and let cool. Then you can enjoy the warm juicy blueberries as they burst in your mouth when you take a bite. Be careful it could be hot in the berries. 
Enjoy!!

  

3 comments:

  1. Looks very good and lots of fun making them ..cheers for sharing!!

    Rico-Tried and Tested Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blueberry muffins. Could eat them every morning with my coffee. Looks yummy!...and your little daughter is so cute, looks like she's really loving mommy's muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look wonderful. I also love blueberry muffins. There's just something about biting into one and having a perfect round fruity explosion in your mouth. I'll have to give these a try. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails