Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Moroccan Night

OK I know it has been a while since my last post. Sorry about that. I am going to try to not have that again.

As usual I am trying new things to my chicken. Always looking for new chicken ideas so send them my way if you have any! This night was a Moroccan night. We had Moroccan Chicken and Spaghetti Squash with Moroccan spices. Best of both worlds in my book. Looking for new chicken recipes and we have an abundance of spaghetti squash.


Moroccan Chicken
(ok I am going to put the recipe I received off the internet but I did lower the ingredients and used only 2 chicken boneless chicken breasts) 


2 Chickens quartered
2 lbs of chopped onion (yes you read that right)
9 oz rasins
3 oz pine nuts
1/2 c honey
paprika
salt
cloves ( I used ground)


Salt and paprika chickens. Brown in oil. In another skillet, saute onions until clear. Add raisins, cloves, and pine nuts. Saute a few more minutes. Remove from hear and add honey. Adjust seasoning to taste. Place chicken in a baking dish, cover with mixture and bake at 325F for 1 hour or until nicely browned and tender. This recipe came from a Moroccan restaurant in the old quarter of Jerusalem. 




Spaghetti Squash with Moroccan Spices


1 medium spaghetti squash
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 TBSP butter
1 TSP ground cumin
3/4 TSP salt
1/2 TSP ground cinnimon
1/8 TSP hot pepper sauce (I did not measure and it was kinda hot and I like hot, I would make this optional)
2 TBSP minced fresh cilantro ( I used dried)


Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender. In a small skillet saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the cumin, salt, Cinnamon, and pepper sauce. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Toss with butter mixture and cilantro.


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails