Sunday, December 12, 2010

Peppermint Bark

Talk about a quick treat to make. I had seen some recipes online of of one of my favorite Christmas time flavor combo, chocolate and mint but while easy to make it wasn't easy enough for me. So here is my take on Peppermint Bark.

2 11.5oz bags of chocolate chips.
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Teaspoon of peppermint extract
about 12 candy canes crushed (this was appox)

I put the candy canes in a large plastic bag and crushed! In a double boiler I put the 2 Tablespoons of oil and the two bags of chocolate chips to melt. Once melted I added the 1 teaspoon of extract. On a parchment lined cookie sheet I poured and spread the melted chocolate. Sprinkled on candy canes and put in freezer till hard. Once hard I took the cookie sheet out and broke the bark in to pieces. Be sure to leave the bark in the fridge so it won't melt on you.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails