Monday, January 10, 2011

Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

I can't seem to leave this new crock pot cook book that I got. This is the second recipe I have made and I keep finding more recipes that I want to try. This one is a great go to when you just want something casual or would be great from any of those Super Bowl parties coming up. Another great recipe that you can start in the morning and cook all day long. I actually started this one the day before. I had some chicken in the fridge that I had to cook and we were having dinner with family at their place. So I made this recipe and cooked it though and put it in the fridge. The next day I pulled it back out put it back in the crock pot to heat though.
 Another great thing about this recipe is that it is easy to cut to make smaller serving or double for those parties. Also I had all the ingredients on hand and didn't have to go out to get anything extra. Great for someone who lives about 20 minutes from the store and has to back up all three kids to go. Actually takes me longer to pack up the kids then it does to get the store and back again. As usual I will give you the recipe from the book but of course feel free (and it's easy) to alter as needed.

3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 cup ketchup
1 small onion chopped
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 garlic clove minced
1 bay leaf
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon dried orgenao
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
10 kaiser rolls, split

Place chicken in 5-qt slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, onion, water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic, bay leaf and seasonings. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until chicken is tender. Discard bay leaf. Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred chicken with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat though. Serve on rolls.




Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails