Thursday, March 3, 2011

3 Meat Stromboli

On my twin boys' third birthday I decide that I was going to make food a bit more different then the previous years. This year instead of hot dogs and hamburgers I was going to try to keep food out all day and make some finger foods. We had the usually chips, veggies, and dip but I also added grape jelly and chili sauce meatballs, bruschetta, and stromboli. I looked online and found this wonderful recipe for 3 meat stromboli. We also have a recipe that we received from my husband's Aunt and Uncle which I was also going to add to this post but I haven't had time to make it.

With my version of the 3 meat stromboli I took the easy way out with the crust and bought the Pillsbury pizza dough. You know that kind in the tube and you unwrap it and the can pops. One can of pizza dough is perfect for one stromboli. I rolled out the pizza dough till it was about 1/8" think and in a rectangle shape. I then started to layer the meat. First I used presliced pepperoni. The pepperoni that you would use on a pizza. I'm sure if you bough the pepperoni that they sell behind the deli counter that would be good too. You can get it sliced as thin as you want and the slices are bigger in diameter. Then I layered ham slices. I would use an kind of boiled ham. I don't think it would taste very good with honey or Virginia baked ham. Then the salami slices when on. Hard or Genoa Salami would work. I then added the cheese. Sliced provolone, shredded Parmesan, shredded mozzarella. I layered the provolone on like the meat and sprinkled the Parmesan and the mozzarella on so it covered. I also sauteed up some peppers and onion with salt and pepper ( Something the recipe didn't call for). I then sprinkles the spices on, garlic powder, oregano, parsley. I then rolled the pizza dough like a jelly roll, starting at one long end of the rectangle. I pinched the ends so the filling wouldn't leak out and flipped the roll so the seal was at the bottom. I then brushed the top with one egg yolk beaten and sprinkled the top with oregano and parsley. I baked the stomboli at 375 degrees for about 30-45 minutes or until the top was golden brown.

This stromboli was more of a big hit then I thought it was going to be. Both strombolis that I made for the party we gone by the end of the night. Since my husband and I only got a piece each from the ones from the party we made our own from left over ingredients that we had. YUM YUM!!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that looks absolutely fantastic. I love a good cheesy, meaty stromboli. I especially like the herb sprinkling on top. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey are using Wordpress for your blog platform?
    I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own.
    Do you need any html coding expertise to make your own
    blog? Any help would be really appreciated!

    Feel free to visit my homepage :: sian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

    This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

    For more please visit:
    http://tastyquery.com

    TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

    In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails